This is a quick guide on how to activate and setup the custom thankyou page premium feature of Yeloni Exit Popups.
Why use this addon?
By default, all subscribers are redirected to a Yeloni Thank You page during subscription. However, if you’d like your visitors to stay on the same page throughout or take them to another custom page on your website; you can configure that using the custom thankyou page feature.
How to activate and configure it?
1. The Custom Thankyou Page feature can be activated by purchasing the Email Premium Package using Paypal or Credit card. Once successfully activated, you can retain the visitor on the same page after subscription or take him to a link (url /page/post) of your choice.
2.Once the purchase is complete, all the features from the package are automatically activated. You can see a notification like so.
[3. Start by choosing any one of the email widget templates. A modal will appear asking you to Select Your Email Provider (the first drop down). The second dropdown, Select your Thank you Page is where you can set the page the visitor will be taken to after subscription.
There are 3 options to route the user after subscription:
- Take users to Yeloni’s thankyou page (default and mandatory for all free users)
- The user is not redirected anywhere (user stays on the same page)
- Take the user to another URL (see below)
[lgc_column grid=”50″ tablet_grid=”50″ mobile_grid=”100″ last=”true”]If the last option is chosen, another textbox appears asking for the link the user will be redirected to. Enter a full URL here, starting with http://
Once this is done, go ahead and complete the widget creation and test out the popup.
How to test it?
1. Testing: User stays on the same page after subscription
Create a popup and give it a test run on your website. Subscribe using any email address. Once the subscription is complete, the message You are now Subscribed! Thank you. appears on the widget and the user stays on the same page. Please note that the popup will automatically close after a few seconds after this message is displayed.
2. Testing: User is redirected after subscription
Create a popup and give it a test run on your website. Subscribe using any email address. Once the subscription is complete, the user is taken to the mentioned URL on the same tab immediately. No success message is shown.
Please feel free to contact us at admin[at]yeloni[dot]com or ping us using the chat box below for any queries.